From a small thatched roof pub to the bustling 2 storey venue, it is now, The Village Inn has been a constant in the lives of people in Killyclogher from 1955. When Eddie McGinn first took over the premises in 1955, few could have imagined what was to come for The Village Inn.
Over 50 years Eddie and the McGinn family developed a small traditional pub and made it into a venue renowned far and wide. “McGinns” was all things to all men. The public bar housed the working men of the village with work boots at the door and a roaring fire on the go. Next door the lounge and conservatory were the family friendly social hub of the community, where every life event was celebrated throughout the years. Live entertainment is and was the cornerstone of the Village Inn, with Wednesday’s nights being revered up and down the country for being the place to be.
As the size of Killyclogher grew and grew, the time came for The Village Inn to expand also. So, in March 2004, after a complete demolition and with extensive investment, the two floor multipurpose venue we know today opened to the people of the village. From those years to now, some things have changed such as the recent development of our coffee house, however the core “McGinns” principles have and always will remain the same. Good affordable food and drink, great live entertainment and the best service for all our customers. The Village Inn, a local for all the community.